Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Such a Smart Boy

I just had to post a quick story of Carter from this last week. Last night as I was putting him to bed (still awake mind you.) I placed him in his bassinet and as I laid him down he looked at me and smiled right before I put his pacifier into his mouth. Then he reached over with his chubby hand in a fist and pulled his woobie (a soft baby blue hippo) to his chest and cuddled it until he fell asleep. Such a good baby!
Then when I was feeding him in the middle of the night and went to lay him down again he spit out his pacifier and put his woobie in his mouth so he could nibble on the ear. He then looked at me again and smiled. I am such a lucky mom that I get to see this every day/night. Don't get me wrong there are some days I want to put Carter in his crib and let him cry it out but I choose not due to the fact that his face is still so cute even when he cries.
Other great things Carter does:
He has started moving to music. I think of it as dancing
He can do a half roll over from his back to his side all on his own
He has started to suck on his fist. Not fingers, just his fist. Every once in a while he will get a thumb in there but promptly spits it out
Instead of screaming he now whines like a little puppy.
He also listens to me when I am talking to him

How did I get so lucky to have this baby? I don't know but I must have done something right.

2 comments:

Jullee and Fam said...

What a super sweet little boy! I love that he loves his woobie!

Melissa said...

Thats one cute kid...I'm just saying!