Friday, December 11, 2009

Our Little Man and Me.


Wow, it is so hard to believe that it has already been 2 months that little Carter has been in our lives. It is so hard to put into words how AWESOME it has been to have a little guy in our house. It seems to me that Carter is just a perfect mix of Sedra and myself. I seem to see him in these different lights everyday with the crusties, eye brow raises, and his smiles. I have noticed with work that my time is limited with Carter, therefore I really try and make the most of it. I am the resident poo-bum changer and ear biter of this little boy. These are my duties along with my favorite part, which is loving and cuddling this little boy. I get to spend most mornings with my little man holding him and watching some sweet auto-shows on TV. Mostly, Carter looks around and I watch the shows intermittently nibbling on his ear. Carter usually only last about 20 minutes and then he sleeps on me for 1 to 2 hours. It is the best.


This is what Carter has really preferred from his Daddy lately is putting him on my shoulder, so that he can look around and see what is going on. As previously mentioned, Carter and I get to spend most mornings together, which is a little slice of heaven each day. Recently, his Moma taught him how to stick his little tongue out to play a little game that he loves. This morning when enjoying each other I noticed that my shoulder started to feel moist. I instantly thought "Oh another present of vomit on my shoulder from my son!" When I looked over to my dismay he was looking at me and licking my shirt. I look so forward to sharing these little moments with my son for the rest of my life. I love my little son and I hope that he knows that.



In the end, I continue to look at my beautiful wife each day and I grow more in love with her and look forward to the wonderful adventures that we will have as a family. I see this son of mine face and I am ever so thankful that I can be part of his life. Just look at him and you know that there is nothing but good coming from such a cute face.

2 comments:

Joe said...

You do have a cute little claw! I cherish the moments with my boys too and it makes me proud to read your words of affection for your little family. I hope you never lose sight of that for they truly end up being the most important part of your life. I wouldn't trade my little ones or my wife for anything in the world. Way to go dad.

Ang said...

He is awesome! Your words brought a tear to my eye. Well said dad, well said.