Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Carter's 4 month Birthday




Son, you've made it to another month.
That must mean we are doing something right, right?

As I was listening to your whistle-y nose last night, I thought of what a special little man you are
How it took years of trying
Surgery
Medical Intervention
Love
and a lot of tears
For you to come to our little home.

I feel anxiety and overwhelmed just remembering the excitement of when we found out
you were coming.

I love your smile. The one you so freely share with me these days
I love that you now prefer to have me rock you to sleep
I love that you work hard at tummy time
even though you hate it.

I love that we are a family
Just us three.

Thank you for choosing us as your parents.
Love,
Moma and Daddy

**When we came out to Utah, one of our sweet friends Emily Hatch at Carpe Diem Photography offered to take Carter's picture. She is an AMAZING artist and I think her pictures here speak volumes. Special "Thanks" to her for taking the pictures we have wanted to capture with our little point and shoot but just weren't able to capture.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Look at those chubby cheeks!

Edra Davidson said...

They definitely stand out, don't they! You need to pinch them in person

Leslie said...

he is really cute!

Edra Davidson said...

Thanks Leslie! We feel really blessed to have this little guy :)