Tuesday, May 11, 2010

No Good Very Bad Day

Did you ever read that book in school?
"Alexanders No Good Very Bad Day"
Sunday was that day for me

I'm sure you're thinking now, wasn't that Mother's Day?
Right-o!

Compound Husband having to work - Check!
Being thousands of miles away from all family - Check!
Under slept - Check!
Hormonal - Check!

Not good odds, right?
So when Ed came home
I.Fell.Apart
Cried like a little baby

I'm friendless down here
My husband is gone at least 75% of the time if not more because of school
Carter doesn't speak yet
My best friend moved to Idaho
AND I never got to know anyone from work well enough during my few months I worked

So I've been lonely
The kind that aches at your heart
Where your mind goes wild

Monday came
A new day had branched for me
I woke with a new resolve to make things work while I'm here

I got a voicemail while I was putting Carter down for his morning nap
I listened
It was a new Visiting Teacher
She wanted to come by and meet me
I thought, "What the heck! I always ignore their calls and look where I'm at"
So I called her

Nicest.girl.in.the.world
I opened right up to her
She has the same situation as I do
She has a 2 yr old daughter and an 8 month old son
Coincidence? I don't think so

I send this out to the universe because it knew what I needed

__________________


Thank you for a friend

2 comments:

Jullee and Fam said...

Sedra! I totally know what you are going through! When I moved to Hawaii I worked all by myself in the smallest, windowless office you have ever seen. There were only 2 other girls that worked near me and they were in their late 40's and early 60's. I didn't make a real friend for the first year I lived there. I hope your new friend is lots of fun. When you get back here we need to go out finally! I love reading your blog and remembering how much fun we had back in the day!

Jeanne Lawyer said...

Oh Sedie, I am so sorry. I can relate and I feel your pain. Our move to El Paso was the hardest ever. I cried for a year. I just barely stopped. You did a good thing calling your visiting teacher back. If it weren't for mine, I never would have made it here. Thank goodness Heavenly Father knows best! I love you!