Wednesday, July 14, 2010

9 month Update



He turned 9 months

I was warned about this
I was told it would happen
I psssshhhd everyone

And now I am faced with the reality

My baby is growing up!

As much as that last sentence tugs at the very core of me
As much as I would like to live in denial about it
Its happening

Part of me is jumping for joy at the new milestones
The other part misses the little boy
that snuggled in my arms
would fall asleep anywhere and everywhere

But I love the boy that he has become
I love that I get to see his personality
and how he is JUST.LIKE.HIS.DAD
In so many ways
And not like his Dad
In so many ways

Did I also mention he can't laugh and stand at the same time?
There is some "me" in him after all

Here are his stats from his Well Baby Check Up
Weight: 22 lbs 9 oz (75th - 80th Percentile)
Height: 29 inches (50th Percentile)
Head: 18.5 inches
(a HUGE head)
And he didn't even cry when he got his shot.
He looked at the nurse with a "Ugh" sort of face
and went on with his day
He's a Rock Star

2 comments:

Jullee and Fam said...

It's so crazy watching your baby grow up! There are so many things that you will miss about them as a baby..but it's so amazing watching them grow up. Zoe amazes me every day with all the new things she does and says. Hearing her talk and really being able to see her personality come out is so rad!!

Edra Davidson said...

Jullee you are 150% right! So crazy. How fun that you will get to revisit all of those fun stages again with this new little lady that is coming to your home soon! I can't wait to meet your kid(s)!