Monday, August 2, 2010

10 months and Teething.... Finally

How have we gone 10 whole months
and NOW a tooth decides to make its presence known?
The slobbery face
The sweat ring of drool on his shirt
The increasing need to have SOMETHING in his mouth
at.all.times.
The pulling on the ears
The mood swings
The need for distractions

Who knew teething was a family affair?
The following chant helps get me through the days:

I yelled at a DOCTOR to get you
I went through 21 hours of labor 
I slept in 2 1/2 hr blocks for 3 months
I survived the throwing up every meal debacle
Conquered the ordeals of winter sickness
I won't be taken down by TEETH

On second thought,
So far it hasn't made me feel any better
I think I'll work on a better mantra

5 comments:

Mama Mamalicious said...

Ummm, sedra...you're baby is upside down! ;)

Edra Davidson said...

Ha ha ha! Yeah I know. He was laying on my lap and that is how we took the picture :)

Julie Jardine said...

Don't worry...it will end. And they say that the later they get teeth, the stronger and healthier the teeth will be. So good luck! Tylenol, and that baby gum numbing stuff is a great help too!

The Ellis Fam said...

You yelled at a doctor when you were in labor? I think I want to hear that story. Did you blog about it?

Edra Davidson said...

Thank you Julie! After last night we look forward to this ending soon :)
Caroline - This is a classic story. The incident I was referring to was when we were trying to get pregnant. We had been trying for almost 3 years and Ed went into the doctor to find out what the deal was. The doctor acted flippant like there wasn't anything wrong. So I called him up and yelled at him. He quickly agreed to do the surgery. Worked!