Sunday, August 1, 2010

Can You Carry a Tune?

I often find myself day dreaming of late
I will be cleaning dishes
or vacuuming
and my mind will wonder

Usually I day dream of our house
that we will eventually buy
or 
My skinny sexy body I will have 
for our Big Davidson Family trip to Mexico
(P.S. Family, please don't be disappointed if I don't look as sexy as my head thinks I will)

But every once in a while a fun thought 
pops in for a visit

Today I was thinking about how I miss
sitting at church surrounded by 
my Dad, Mom and sister Seph
listening to all of them sing
each one has a unique voice
All of them are so sweet to hear

Did you know my Dad can carry a tune?

I grew up thinking not many men could carry one
Unless they were in the choir
It was around 16 years old
I sat
and listened
He has some of my Vovo's (Portuguese for Grandpa) skills
*Vovo used to sing in the Tabernacle Choir*

Memories like this, 
bring a smile to my face
and make me miss home a little bit more

I've since then wiped the tear off my face
and continued cleaning up
and playing with the Chubby Baby

**If you enjoyed this post, please help support us by visiting our sponsors (ad's) on the page! Help feed a family...

No comments: