Friday, November 19, 2010

Tis the Season

I know I'm probably going to get flack for this post
seeing as there are about half the people out there
that don't believe in celebrating Christmas before
Thanksgiving is even through.

I love Christmas. Like LOVE, love Christmas.
Once the weather starts to turn
and occasionally we get the snow storm
here and there,
and Christmas music is already playing on the radio.
I get chills up and down my spine thinking
of the fun to be had.

Actually, in my families,
Ed and I are known to get so excited for the holiday,
that we open up our Christmas presents to each other 
a whole month early.
Last year was the first year (due to much harassment)
that we opened the presents at 2 am on Christmas Eve/ Morn
and perhaps a little of that had to do with spending
the entire holiday by our lonesome in Huntsville, AL
and with a 2 month old baby.

We just get so excited with the event that we can't wait.
The hardest part? Was waiting for everyone else to open THEIR presents
on Christmas Day.

I only have 2 presents left to gather
this year and unfortunately its killing me not to be done.
Usually I have all of the shopping done by October. 
(Did I mention we are CRAZY about the holiday?)

I wonder if my parents will let me put up and decorate the 
Christmas Tree before Thanksgiving?

3 comments:

Becks and Ben said...

LOL! Sedra we already have about 90% of our Christmas stuff out, and it has been for well over a week! ;)

Jullee and Fam said...

Wow..I love me some Christmas but you clearly love it more. I am one of those who doesn't believe in decorating till after Thanksgiving is over. The stuff also has to come down the week of Jan. 1.

Julie Jardine said...

I love Christmas too. It doesn't bother me at all to put it up however soon as you like, and leave it up until you want to take it down. Have a good Christmas this year!