Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Basement, Valentines and Snow

Wow its been a while since I've updated the blog.
With Ed playing with the little man, I feel like I have a few moments to update the blogosphere on our happenings. (Thank heavens for Valentines Day and days off!) We have been so busy it feels. With finishing the basement, finishing Carter's big boy room, doctor appointments and just day to day stuff.....there doesn't seem to be much left of anything. Including energy to write on the blog. So sad.

So here's the update: I'm 25 weeks along. I've hit that uncomfortable part in my pregnancy (I swear its happened earlier this round than with Carter.) I am up every night for about 2 hours. For me its because I stop breathing. The baby presses on my diaphragm and what feels like all of my organs are getting pushed up into my lung space. It sucks and scares the crap out of me. I'm sure its become some sort of paranoia at this point. I feel huge but I know I have more to go which is a bit daunting and exciting at the same time. Baby is growing nicely and on track, albeit a bit on the heavy side. He's starting to hiccup and kick aggressively. I can see the kicks now. Which is AWESOME! I know he's alive and doing well which is so much more reassuring than waiting until the doctors appointment. My Braxton Hicks have started already. I forgot how they take my breath away! The doctor said they would happen sooner with this pregnancy than the last. Something about the body knowing what its doing now.
Ed and I were talking the other day. We still can't believe how fast this 2nd trimester is going. Before we know it, its going to be the end of May and we will have a little baby! Its weird how I don't feel this anxiousness that I felt with Carter. Granted, I am also not living 2000 miles away from family and friends and working full time. So circumstances are quite a bit different. Until I have that baby's room ready, I'm quite content to let the little one brew until I'm tired of feeling suffocated. (Which at this rate, may happen sooner rather than later. Seriously! Does this happen to other women too?)

Almost 2 weeks ago, we finished Carter's big boy room. We moved him over one room so the smaller room could be for the baby. I have to say, I am pretty happy with how it turned out. And so is Carter. Every day he plays during nap time for about 20 min - 1 hour instead of sleeping. Don't worry, its catching up to him. He hasn't let go of his nap yet. And at almost 2 1/2 years old I am grateful for everyday he hangs on to it.







Honestly, I haven't seen a kid love their room as much as this boy adores his room. I believe this is a good thing. 

The basement is up and running and I can't believe I'm going to say this, but we use it every single day. Its so awesome! I didn't think it was going to get used as much or even loved as much. I have never had a house this big, so I suppose that was half of my misunderstanding. To say the least, its lovely having it done and Ed not having to work on it every night until 10 or 11 pm anymore. Carter is more than happy to have his Dad back too. 

Welcome to our basement!

Stairway

Family Room View #1

He loves his basement so much

Family room View #2

Workout room. My favorite room
It also snowed recently. Its gone already, but it was such a nice visit for the one day it came. Carter and I were playing hookie from church trying to finish off the last dregs of our sickness. I pulled up the window blinds high for Carter so he could look out and see the big white fluffy flakes. That wasn't enough to satisfy his curiosity. We had to bundle up and head out. He doesn't ever want to touch it. Just watch it and look at his foot prints as he goes. Its quite cute to watch his curious brain try to figure this out. He called it, "Sew." We are still working on pronunciation of words. 

He kept flinching when the snow would land on his face

He also did not like the "boots" I put on him



Waiting for Mom to open the gate....which never happened



He has an obsession with the camera lately. And I get this perplexed look when I take photos as he tries to figure out how he can copy what Mom does.

No comments: